Monday, August 15, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So I am not really one to blog.  Not that I have a thing against blogging,  I just normally think I am not interesting enough to write something that people "follow".  But here I am, moving to Hong Kong, and in the past few days, I have realized that there are people who actually care about me enough to want to follow the things I do day to day.

So for those who do not know the details:  I am moving to Hong Kong for a year to play harp at different venues in the city as well as teach.  The move is for approximately a year.  I have no idea what to expect, and I am a mix of sad, excited, scared, and thrilled.  My biggest fear is that life will go on here in the States and I will not be able to put it on pause:  I wish I could make all of you put your lives on hold and not resume them until I returned from my adventure.  I am so excited to have this experience of living abroad, but terribly saddened by the thought that I won't see some very important milestones when I am gone.

One of my absolute closest childhood friends came to say goodbye to me this evening;  I am missing her wedding while I am gone and it breaks my heart that I won't be able to share in that joy with her while I am abroad.  Samantha- I want you to know that I think you are one of the most incredible and amazingly beautiful people I have ever met.  You have the dreams to help anyone and everyone, and you're one of the few people in the world who I think may actually be capable of doing so.

Enough sentimentality for me for one evening- please contact me via facebook or email (Juliana.Beckel@gmail.com) or comment here if you would like to stay in touch!  If you care enough to read my lame blog for half a second, then you probably at least partially like me.  Yeah?   My next post will be when I land safely in China!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have such an amazing experience overseas. I am jealous of the courage you have to travel to a foreign country and make it your home for a year. You are my oldest friend and I will find a way to have you share in my wedding day (even if we have to set a setting for you and skype you in :-) I wish you nothing but happiness and luck over the next year. We will stay in contact and I will keep you posted on anything new.

    Love you so much & safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete