Saturday, August 27, 2011

Anything to make you smile; it is my better side of you to admire.

It is really no surprise that I am not being very diligent about updating my "blog".  I have been here almost 2 weeks and so far things are going swimmingly.  I am doing work-related activities much of the time, but I have managed to find a few spare moments to enjoy myself.  This enjoyment naturally comes in the form of food and drink related activities- but maybe I should start to reign this kind of activity in so that I can still fit into all of my harp performance gowns.  Hmm..

I've been to many a high tea thus far.  Take note of fabulous cheese cake and macaroons.  And the tea cup that is actually the size of a soup bowl.  This is at the Shangri-La Hotel, a first class Hong Kong hotel, where I also had a crazy six course lunch the first day I was here.  Wine was involved.  It was a welcoming "business" lunch.  My boss says if we keep eating like this, she is going to have to roll me back onto the plane when I eventually return to the States.  Let's hope not...  My roommate and two of his British friends have promised to teach me how to play squash and there are many wonderful hikes around the hills outside of Hong Kong that I plan on embarking upon- so hopefully this physical activity will allow me to keep up my food habits :)

Tomorrow I am giving a solo recital in the Shui On business center where the harp store/studio is.  Please keep posted for possible video uploads of excerpts from the recital on the Hong Kong Harp Services youtube channel.  For my non-computer savvy family members, just click on the word "youtube" and it will point you in the right direction.


xoxo



1 comment: